My Sony Ericsson W850i phone is getting older by the minute. And now that I am so in love with traveling and going to different places, somehow I thought of buying a new GPS device, or a GPS-enabled phone, whichever is cheaper.
So I went Googling around and found out that there is no need to buy a separate device for GPS. My phone CAN be GPS device! Talk about the power of technology, specifically Java.
Google Maps for Mobile is free and available to all users who have colored Blackberry devices and some Java-enabled phones. I tried this on my W850i and it is working! My golly!
Take note that standard charges for Internet browsing apply since the app connects to Internet. Small price to pay for a handy GPS when you are lost in the middle of nowhere.
Tried this on your phone? Post your feedback.
2 Comments to “Google Maps for Sony Ericsson W850i”
Subscribe to Email Feeds
- Vim: How to Copy Multiple Lines
- Required Packages for Oracle 11gR2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- How Replace Space with Newline in Vim
- Robinson Cebu Pacific Credit Card | Your Finances on Cebu Pacific Sucks
- 12 Little Things That You As An Ateneo Hearter Can Do To Help Your Country | Yoo Jin and Akeem's Blog on Bayanihan Linux: True Blue Pinoy Linux
- [RESOLVED]Can you do this in aspx page | ASP Questions & Answers on Tip: How to Decode CSR
- How to Add or Remove Library Path in RHEL | PinoyTux Weblog on What are Libraries in Linux?
- 博文：《RHEL4 安装yum》 - 苗乡小鱼的博客 on Howto: Install yum On RHEL 4