If running yum on RHEL 5.7 spews out an error like:
"Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: rhel-5-server-cf-tools-1-rpms. Please verify its path and try again".
Try the following troubleshooting tips.
1.) Disable firewall like iptables to isolate firewall issues.
2.) Verify that your proxy settings are correct.
3.) Make sure that the machine is properly subscribed to RHN Network using certificate based management.
If none of these has fixed the problem, try upgrading the following packages to the version that works in RHEL 5.7:
These packages can be downloaded from the RHN package repository.
Once you have downloaded the RPM’s, transfer it to the server and run rpm:
rpm -Uvh /tmp/python-rhsm-1.0.10-1.el5.x86_64.rpm /tmp/yum-3.2.22-40.el5.noarch.rpm /tmp/subscription-manager-1.0.24-1.el5.x86_64.rpm
No package dependency should occur at this point, but if it does, resolve those dependencies first then try running the above command again.
After the package upgrade, you should now be able to run yum without errors:
[root@localhost ~]# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: product-id, security, subscription-manager
This system is receiving updates from Red Hat Subscription Management.
rhel-5-server-cf-tools-1-rpms | 2.8 kB 00:00
rhel-5-server-rhev-agent-rpms | 3.1 kB 00:00
rhel-5-server-rpms | 3.7 kB 00:00
repo id repo name status
Server Red Hat Enterprise 5Server - Server 3,261
Supplementary Red Hat Enterprise 5Server - Server 73
rhel-5-server-cf-tools-1-rpms Red Hat CloudForms Tools for RHEL 5 (RPMs) 35
rhel-5-server-rhev-agent-rpms Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Agents for RHE 3
rhel-5-server-rpms Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server (RPMs) 15,085
Subscribe to Email Feeds
- Vim: How to Copy Multiple Lines
- Required Packages for Oracle 11gR2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- How Replace Space with Newline in Vim
- 3ix Web Hosting Complaints | Great at WebHosting on Backspace Key Not Working in PuTTY
- 3ix Web Hosting Complaints | Web Hosting on Backspace Key Not Working in PuTTY
- 3ix Web Hosting Complaints | First Time WebHosting on Backspace Key Not Working in PuTTY
- 3ix Web Hosting Complaints | First WebHosting on Backspace Key Not Working in PuTTY
- Cheap Web Hosting 3ix | Best in Webhosting on Cebu Pacific Sucks