Firefox 3.0 Beta has been released recently and fosswire.com writes that recent release is a killer browser for Linux Desktops because of its more GTK support. Here are some notables changes made for the upcoming version taken from Mozilla official blog:
- Improved security features such as: protection from cross-site JSON data leaks, tighter restrictions on site-specific content using effective TLD service, better presentation of website identity and security, malware protection, stricter SSL error pages, anti-virus integration in the download manager, version checking for insecure plugins.
- Improved ease of use through: better password management, easier add-on installation, new download manager with resumable downloading, full page zoom, animated tab strip, and better integration with Windows Vista, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Richer personalization through: one-click bookmarking, smart bookmark folders, location bar that matches against your history and bookmarks for URLs and page titles, ability to register web applications as protocol handlers, and better customization of download actions for file types.
- Performance improvements such as: better data reliability for user profiles, architectural improvements to speed up page rendering, over 330 memory leak fixes, a new XPCOM cycle collector to reduce entire classes of leaks, and reductions in the memory footprint.
For those who like bleeding edge technology, the beta version is available for download here. Do note however that the beta version is for tester and developers only and not intended for normal users.
Subscribe to Email Feeds
- Vim: How to Copy Multiple Lines
- Required Packages for Oracle 11gR2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- How Replace Space with Newline in Vim
- Uniknya Suasana Kantor Google Di Zurich Swiss - Komike.net on Google Fun Facts
- The Best Place to Work: Google and their Office in Zurich | ISmartNetwork on Google Fun Facts
- Robinson Cebu Pacific Credit Card | Your Finances on Cebu Pacific Sucks
- 12 Little Things That You As An Ateneo Hearter Can Do To Help Your Country | Yoo Jin and Akeem's Blog on Bayanihan Linux: True Blue Pinoy Linux
- [RESOLVED]Can you do this in aspx page | ASP Questions & Answers on Tip: How to Decode CSR