I was installing xdebug a few days back to one of the production servers when I encountered this beautiful error message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 143 bytes) in /usr/share/pear/PEAR/PackageFile/v2/Validator.php on line 1608 Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 64 bytes)
So my instinct tells me to look inside the php.ini file and find for this line:
memory_limit = 12M
The server’s php.ini file is already set to 256M so I should go look for something else. Luckily, I found this tip from www.agileapproach.com.
Open the file /usr/share/pear/pearcmd.php and add this right after the
< ?php line:
That should fix the “Fatal error: Allowed memory size” error. I can now resume installing xdebug without any errors.
The reason why editing the php.ini will not fix the issue is because PECL/PEAR does not use the PHP settings, so the PEAR settings needs to be adjusted.
Hope this helps.
3 Comments to “Fix Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted”
Subscribe to Email Feeds
- Vim: How to Copy Multiple Lines
- Required Packages for Oracle 11gR2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- How Replace Space with Newline in Vim
- Robinson Cebu Pacific Credit Card | Your Finances on Cebu Pacific Sucks
- 12 Little Things That You As An Ateneo Hearter Can Do To Help Your Country | Yoo Jin and Akeem's Blog on Bayanihan Linux: True Blue Pinoy Linux
- [RESOLVED]Can you do this in aspx page | ASP Questions & Answers on Tip: How to Decode CSR
- How to Add or Remove Library Path in RHEL | PinoyTux Weblog on What are Libraries in Linux?
- 博文：《RHEL4 安装yum》 - 苗乡小鱼的博客 on Howto: Install yum On RHEL 4