The Battle of the Browsers will revive again as the new contender joins in. If you think that we have enough Internet browsers as it is, think again. Google is not going to let Mozilla and Microsoft take all the glory for themselves.
Google Chrome is ready to be released from Google’s arsenal of fast apps on September 2, 2008. This new browser from Google is designed to be fast, simple and clean, just like the Google Homepage. The philosophy behind the development of this new browser is to make things clean and simple, take away all the unnecessary stuff and let the user do the important stuff like browsing, chatting and sending emails. Google Chrome gets out of the way so you can surf the Internet or write those emails. Most of the components in Chrome is from Mozilla Firefox and Apple Webkit, but will remain open-source, and participation from community to help build this new browser is encouraged.
From Chrome’s official blog:
Google also takes the road less traveled in introducing their new app – this time they have used comics in introducing their new open-source browser. Not very typical way of introducing a new app but indeed very unique. The comics about Google Chrome can be found here.
For now, Google Chrome is available only for Windows but time will only tell when there is going to be a version for Linux, which I am willing to wait patiently. As for the number of choices that we have for browsers, all I can say is we can’t have too many browsers. Tell that to web developers as they have another browser to test their sites on.
I will update this post once the browser is released. I will also include the link to the download site as well.
Subscribe to Email Feeds
- Vim: How to Copy Multiple Lines
- Required Packages for Oracle 11gR2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- How Replace Space with Newline in Vim
- 3ix Web Hosting Complaints – Raw Ask on Cebu Pacific Sucks
- The Best Place to Work: Google and their Office in Zurich | Viral News Worthy on Google Fun Facts
- The Best Place to Work: Google and their Office in Zurich | New Trends Computing on Google Fun Facts
- The Best Place to Work: Google and their Office in Zurich | BlogFactory on Google Fun Facts
- The Best Place to Work: Google and their Office in Zurich on Google Fun Facts